Our Story


Driving people Forward

ATAXI owns a fleet of modern taxicabs that are operated by professional drivers. Since its launch in 2009 as Arabian Taxi, ATAXI has elevated and transformed Bahrain’s public transport sector through the introduction of international industry best practices and the provision of safe, reliable and economical transportation for the island’s residents and visitors. ATAXI is a non-profit company that is 80% owned by 314 shareholders from the local taxi driving community, many of whom are elderly and retired. The remaining 20% of ATAXI is owned by the Bahrain Development Bank (BDB). The Company was established as a joint initiative between Bahrain’s Economic Development Board (EDB) and the Bahrain Development Bank, (BDB) with the aim of supporting the advancement of the industry, and the future prosperity of the local taxi driving community.

Board of Directors

The Board of Directors of ATAXI guide the organisation towards a sustainable future by adopting sound, ethical, and legal governance and financial management policies, as well as ensuring adequate resources to advance ATAXI’s mission.

Mr. Nedal Saleh Alaujan – Chairman

Mr. Ali Yousif Engineer – Vice Chairman

Mr. Tawfeeq Al Qattan – Managing Director

Mr. Abdullah Ahmed Ahmadi – Board Member

Mr. Nabeel Abdulla Alsaie – Board Member

Mr. Ebrahim Abdulraheem Sharif – Board Member

Mr. Hesham Jaffar Mohammed – Board Member

Mr. Tariq Abdul Jalil Alsaffar – Advisor

Dr. Mohamed Saleh Kameshki – Advisor



Please enter the details below